Monday, September 2, 2013

Multi Medium Canvas ~~Scraps of Darkness~~

Hi Sweet Friends, Today I'm sharing a DT project I did with some scraps from my Scraps of Darkness August Kit "Rustic".  I used the Authentique papers from the kit.  I created this canvas using Vivian Keh's tutorial "Concentrated to Diffuge" at Scraps of Darkness and my new friend Mark, the Male Crafter.


To create this project I watched a tutorial from my new friend Mark http://themalecrafter.blogspot.com. To start I covered the canvas with some Mod Podge and applied some 7 gypsies tissue paper roughly for some texture.  Ater that dried I used my glue gun and just applied here and there as in Vivian Keh's tutorial at http://scrapsofdarkness.blogspot.com under Tutorials as "Concentrated to Diffuge".  I then painted the entire canvas with some black acrylic paint.  After that I applied some Lumiere "Halo Blue Gold Metallic Acrylic paint in areas by dry brushing.  I then added some Tim Holtz "Gold" Dabber paint.  I also used some PearlEx "Aztec Gold" and dry brushed that on too.  For the metal embellishments I used some Ranger Ink Vintaj Patinas (Rust, Victorian Gold) and some Rub-n-buff (Pewter) to accent the pieces to match the canvas work.



The photo was altered using Picmonkey, so fun!!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment