Friday, October 28, 2011

Tutorial for Memory Glass & Frames

Hi Everyone,  I thought I'd do a tutorial about the Memory Glass pieces I used on my "SteamPunk Butterfly" Reverse Canvas.  These are so fun to work with!



Here's a photo of the items you'll need for this project:



Step 1:  Use some Embossing Ink on your stamp and place it where you want it on the piece of glass.  Then use some Embossing Powder and use a heat tool to set it.

Step 2:  After the stamping is dry I decided to give it a more grungy and aged look so I misted it with some Smooch (Orange).


Step 3:  After letting the mist dry I also dapped some Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Vintage Photo) to complete a more aged look to the glass.




Step 4:  After the glass is completely dry it's time to put the glass into the frame and tape the frame.  I used the 1/4" tape.


Step 5:  After taping the foil around the frame I used some Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks to color the foil.  I used a cotton pad on my ink applicator and inked it with a few drops of each color and then dapped the foil with the pad.  I did this several times, letting it dry between applications.



You can also use a small photo, dye cut, or whatever you'd like.  I used a small die cut from Graphic 45.



Thanks for taking a peek, this is really a fun embelishment to work with because they're so small that you can add them to a page with ease!!

1 comment: