Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Close-ups and techniques For SteamPunk Butterfly
Here's a few photos, sorry about the quality. I first started by using Gesso really heavy on the reverse side of the canvas. I then took a sponge and dapped for some texture. After drying I misted the frame and let that dry. Then I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs) to ink some more brown where I wanted. For the Dusty Attic corner flourishes I used some Distress Embossing Ink and then adhered some Mica chips. For the grungeboard flowers I first applied some Tim Holtz Distress Paint (Antiqued Bronze) and then applied some Shimmerz Paint (Sparklious) and put the heat gun to it. I also used that process on the small Dusty Attic corner pieces. I have a tutorial posted about the Memory Glass piece on the forum at Scraps of Darkness . TFL!!